Fun fact: I had never tried mac and cheese before going vegan. But when I saw them several times on instagram I decided to give them a try. Now they are my favorite comfort food!
This recipe is really easy to make, only takes about 20 minutes and is so satisfying and comforting. It makes quite a bit so if you’re not into leftovers consider making half the amount.
For the recipe you’ll need:
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 5 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1.5 cups nutritional yeast
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1/2 cup of plant-milk
- 1 cup of veggie broth (/water from the pot)
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp tumeric
- juice of 1 lemon
- black pepper
- Parsley, tomatoes, cashews and nutritional yeast to garnish
- Cop sweet potatoes, potatoes and carrot into chunks. The smaller you chop them the faster they will cook. Cook until they are done.
- Cook the pasta (approx. 10 minutes). Although I love whole-grain spelt pasta I’d recommend to use regular pasta or spelt pasta (linked the one I used) because it tastes much better in this recipe.
- Put the veggies and other ingredients in your blender and blend until you get a creamy concistency. Maybe you’ll need to blend half the ingredients and then the other half as my blender struggled with the amount.
- Mic the pasta with sauce and serve with fresh parsley, tomatoes, cashews and some more nutritional yeast. Enjoy!
Let me know if you try and like this recipe. I’d be happy to hear from you <3
Lots of love,