Autumn… A time for cuddling up in bed with cozy socks, a cup of tea and a great book. It’s also the time for Thanksgiving, Halloween, the last sunny days and of course the time for pumpkins, cranberries, hazelnuts and oatmeal – of course.
What is something that reminds you of autumn?
To me there’s nothing that screams autumn as much as an oatmeal bowl for breakfast in the mornings. And because I love pumpkins and cranberries they had to be included in my favorite autumn recipe.
Are you ready for the most delicious oatmeal bowl you’ve ever eaten? Scroll on 😋
[recipe title=”Pumpkin spiced oatmeal with caramelized cranberries” servings=”1 person” time=”15 minutes” difficulty=”easy” description=”If you’re in the need of healthy breakfast ideas this one is for you!”]
I used a pumpkin syrup that already contained spices. As it may not be available for everyone on here you might want to add 1 more tbsp of pumpkin purée and play around with the a little more spices (cinnamon, cardamom, vanilla, ginger, nutmeg).
For the oatmeal:
- 1 cup of oats
- 1.5 cups of vanilla soy milk
- 3 tbsp of pumpkin purée
- 1 tbsp of pumpkin spiced syrup
- 1 tbsp of flaxseeds
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
For the toppings:
- a handful of cranberries
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 banana
- a handful of hazelnuts
1. Cook the oats, pumpkin purée, pumpkin spiced syrup, 1 tsp cinnamon and flax seeds with the soy milk on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
2. During this time you can already wash the cranberries, cut them in half, heat them in a pan with maple syrup and cinnamon until the become soft and juicy.
3. Slice the banana, and cut the hazelnuts in halves.
4. Once the oatmeal is done serve in a bowl, top with the sliced banana, cranberries and hazelnut halves and enjoy!
When I tried this recipe it was AMAZING! Mmmmh almost to die for… The hazelnuts added a little crunch, the cranberries were a little sour, extra cinnamony but also really juicy and the pumpkin gave an amazing flavor to the oats.
I hope you like this recipe as much as I do. I’d be happy if you leave a comment & tell me what you think!
Lots of love,
PS: You can read about the health benefits of cranberries on my instagram post! 😊